Hi! I'm Tess Cagle.
Welcome to my website, a tiny window into my life and my passions. Capturing the joys and major life milestones for my community has always been a love of mine. I realized I wanted to hold a camera for the rest of my life when I was in 7th grade and I'm still in awe that I get to do this for a living.
I dived into photography as a journalist and opened up my own private photography business in 2015, during my junior year at the University of Texas at Austin. Because of my photojournalism background, my images untap the candid and real emotions of my clients. Since 2015, I have expanded my work as an event, portrait, engagement, and all-around lifestyle photographer.
Now I work with local businesses, community organizations, bands and individuals to create photos that accurately share their stories and services to potential clients, fans and friends.
I hope my live music and events photos make viewers both feel like they are a part of the action and wish to be there IRL next time. I also work with couples and individuals to make quality portraits that make them feel good (and confident!) about themselves. My biggest goal as a photographer is to make people feel at ease and special when stepping in front of a camera, because the most magical moments get captured when you feel confident and comfortable. Artistic expression also plays a big role in my work, whether it be at the beginning of the process–coming up with concepts—or at the end, through post production.
Some personal facts about me:
- I was born and raised as south as it gets in McAllen, Texas, right along the border in the Rio Grande Valley.
- I am a follower of Christ and a member of the Well Community Church in Austin.
- I have been dating my partner, Bryan, for over three years and am the luckiest gal alive.
- I am also a writer! I've been published in Texas Monthly, the Austin Chronicle, the Daily Dot, Community Impact, and more.
- I love, love dogs and am counting down the days until I can adopt my own fur baby. My favorite dog Instagram account is the BlueBoys, and I've been known to cry (more than once) because of their cuteness.
- I graduated from the UT Austin in 2017 with a Bachelor of Journalism and a Bachelor of Arts in cultural anthropology.
Connect with me on Twitter and Instagram at @tesscagle.